beantwoord

Zyxel 2812HNU-F1 WiFi module broke

• 21 mei 2019
  • 21 reacties
  • 497 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1
Good morning,
I have the Zyxel 2812HNU-F1 for a couple years running in bridge mode with my own router but rtecently because of a new iTV box I had to tamper with settings and I've noticed that the WiFi settings page takes insane long time to load, any manipulated option returns to default upon saving settings so nothing can be changed including turning the WiFi radio on/off. The checkbox stuck on ON but there is no WiFi network broadcast at all. Pressing the physical button on the modem doesn't do anything. Resetting the modem makes no difference. Guess we can consider it dead. Can I get a new modem, please?
icon

Beste antwoord door Jasper - Telfort 21 mei 2019, 10:16

Hello @vaver, welcome to the Telfort forum. When the WiFi module breaks down we can send you a new modem. I've already done this, it's on it's way to you and it will be delivered within 2-3 business days.
As Enterprise said, the new Experia Box can't be bridged, but maybe you can solve that some other way.
Bekijk reactie

21 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +9
I'm sure you can get a new modem from Telfort which will be an Experiabox V8 or V10.
But be aware that these modems can not be Bridged by default...
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hello @vaver, welcome to the Telfort forum. When the WiFi module breaks down we can send you a new modem. I've already done this, it's on it's way to you and it will be delivered within 2-3 business days.
As Enterprise said, the new Experia Box can't be bridged, but maybe you can solve that some other way.
Reputatie 1
Thank you for the quick reply. I have one more question but i have to describe the environmentals first. So I used to have a tplink wr1043nd v1 (running Gargoyle) after the bridged zyxel so wr1043nd got the wan ip and did all routing and port forwarding and whatnot but with the tv box I've had to set the zyxel as a router so now it has the wan ip then LAN4 goes to the tv box and LAN1 goes to the wan port {all 4 lan ports are occupied) of a tplink c2300 (replacing the wr1043). zyxel is giving ip 192.168.1.xxx to the c2300 that becomes its wan ip and the c2300 is giving out ips 192.168.0.xxx for all the pc and mobile devices on the network. With any of this devices i can log into both zyxel (192.168.1.xxx) and c2300 (192.168.0.xxx) admin page and everything seems to work fine. Only the c2300 does upnp port forwarding and it actually works so utorrent shows active connection and l can also remote from the wan with realvnc, while the zyxcel is on factory default after a reset for recovering from bridge mode, nothing is changed. So my question... is it possible to have the wan ip on the tplink router like in the past? I see the option to bridge vdsl and iptv_vdsl separately, so is there a way to bridge the net to the tplink and leave the tvbox on the zyxel?
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @vaver, I understand you want clarity on this. I can't give you this, but some of our users are very good with these things. @Babylonia, can you help us out? 🙂
Reputatie 8
If @vaver still is looking for a solution, when I am back from a trip abroad, I am willing to look more closely. (Next week).
Reputatie 1
Thanks @Babylonia, that I will appreciate a lot. I'm still waiting for the new modem to arrive, @Jasper - Telfort can you please check where the parcel is and whencan I expect it? Thanks
Reputatie 8
Quick message between other things.

When getting the new modem/router from Telfort, keep in mind there is no possibility to bridhe an Experia Box V10 or V10A model. A V8 model can be bridged, but without working TV.
(Comparable as by the ZyXEL modem/router ----> no working TV when in bridged mode).

So you have to use a NAT behind NAT setup.
The first modem/router set "normally" as by factory settings.

If you need port forwarding, just do it twice.
One time done from first router to second router, on second router to behind devices.

If you want Telfort TV-device behind the second router working properly, you do need two settings at the second router enabled.

1. IGMP Snooping
  2. IGMP Proxy
Specially the last setting, many routers don't have this option. But by the special WRT firmware you are using, there might be a chance also this IGMP Proxy can be set.
That's it.
Reputatie 1
Thanks for the quickie... the 1043nd is the first version more than 12 years old, it has none of this features regardless the firmware but the new c2300 can do both. I think what I'm doing now is exactly a nat behind nat, i have detailed the exact setup above.... wondering if it is a reasonable solution to simply forward the entire port range to the router or put its ip to dmz, and if then why not? 🙂
I would rather keep the zyxel if it can be bridged properly with working iptv while the tplink c2300 has the wan ip. tv box can either be hooked up to the modem or the router it doesn't really matter.

But if you have better things to do I wouldn't want to disturb you, if you will get back here next week that's more than fine for me. Thanks!
Reputatie 8
I would rather keep the zyxel if it can be bridged properly with working iptv.....
As already written, a bridged ZyXEL, IP-TV (connecting with the TV box) is not possible.

When getting and Experia Box V8, the DMZ setting can not be used.
In past already mentioned by several users (and tested by myself).
Unreliable internet, and very slow.

As for DMZ, also do read (by translation by Google) < this one >
(Dutch message < HERE > ).
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Thank you Babylonia, for your input!

Thanks @Babylonia, that I will appreciate a lot. I'm still waiting for the new modem to arrive, @Jasper - Telfort can you please check where the parcel is and whencan I expect it? Thanks
Hi @vaver, I've checked this for you. It turns out the parcel has been delivered at one of your neighbours. Usualy PostNL leaves a note at your address to inform you of the pickup location, something might have gone amiss there. I have send you a private message with the specific house number, so you can pick it up there if you haven't already 🙂
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @vaver, I see the new modem has connected to the network. How is your connection now?
Reputatie 1
Yes, I've got the package on the weekend, hiding inside an experia v10a. Played around with it for a short while but there isn't much to set it's pretty basic so I hooked up my router and put its IP into DMZ, hooked up the iTV box to modem lan4 and it works perfectly in this NAT behind NAT setup. Port forwarding seems to work fine so far, but I'm a bit busy now so later this week I'm going to figure out how to fire up the tp-link built-in VPN service... I guess it won't be a brain surgery.

The already satisfying bandwidth stayed the same, but throughput feels somehow stronger when it comes to high amount of parallel in/outbound connections. Might be hardware related, might even be just psychical... 🙂 But the fact that proper bridging is not an option anymore is still bugging me a bit so still looking for any workaround. Like if it is possible to replace the experia to a modem/router solution (and if yes, is there any recommendation or limitation that should be considered before buying?) I've read a couple threads helped by google translate but some of them turned were fiber related so I'm not sure if it applies for VDSL. I've seen some settings related to this so I believe it is an option but I might just have something misunderstood.

I'm going to pack the zyxel and return it on this weekend or the beginning of next week. I hope a couple days delay won't be a problem.

Thanks for looking after me!
V
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
A couple of days won't be a problem at all 🙂 It's good to hear the V10a provides you with a satisfying connection and the NAT behind NAT setup is working. I don't have experience with the TP-Link, but I also don't think it's either brain surgery or rocket science :)
It's also possible to use a modem/router of your own with VDSL. On our website we have a page that explains the settings that are required for that, the intro is in Dutch but the settings itself are in English. We can't give the VOIP settings to set up a modem of your own, but since that is not a part of your subscription, that won't be an issue at all.
Reputatie 8
Like if it is possible to replace the experia to a modem/router solution (and if yes, is there any recommendation or limitation that should be considered before buying?)
Fritz!Box 7590

Can be used for VDSL, Fiberglass connection (if your connection is changing the coming years).
Telephone wireless DECT functionality. (No separate base station needed).
Etc. Etc.

Just choose the "Telfort profile when choosing an ISP. That's it.
Reputatie 1
Thanks for the suggestion I'm taking it as confirmation. A week ago I've already spent some time on this topic and time to time somehow I've ended up looking at this exact model... the first time I saw the price I thought the Fritz' must have hidden 5 grams of gold nugget or something in that box. But, joke aside, I have to admit that it does deliver for the price, so now I just have to convince the I... :)

You guys are very nice and helpful people.
Once again, thanks Babylonia for all your time and effort,
thanks Jasper for the excellent customer service,

Peace!
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
You're welcome, and my thanks to Babylonia too of course, for the support 🙂
If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask. We'll gladly help you.
Reputatie 8
...I've ended up looking at this exact model... the first time I saw the price I thought the Fritz' must have hidden 5 grams of gold nugget or something in that box. But, joke aside, I have to admit that it does deliver for the price, so now I just have to convince the I... :)
I don't know if you have telephone as well from Telfort (included within your internet subscription).
If yes, just take some time getting the telephone "VOIP / SIP credentials" out of your ZyXEL modem/router. As described in a special subject about getting these "secret" info. (Telfort doesn't give you this info).

First ZyXEL related explanation, follow-up < HERE >
(Do translate by e.g. Google translate).

Afterwards, you can set these telephone VOIP / SIP credentials into the Fritz!box modem/router.
And you can use the wireless DECT base station of this Fritz!box, or just put in analogue telephone devices, for up and running telephone by Telfort subscription.
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
I don't know if you have telephone as well from Telfort (included within your internet subscription).
There is no phonenumber in the subscription, but those steps will help others 🙂
Reputatie 8
Badge +9

I don't know if you have telephone as well from Telfort (included within your internet subscription).There is no phonenumber in the subscription, but those steps will help others 🙂

In that case you could consider the Fritz!box 3490.
It has all the features of the more expensive models except VoIP/DECT which makes it more affordable...
Reputatie 8
There also could be a possibility he is already using a VOIP account elsewhere, as he still was very interested by that model Fritz!box anyway as given by the hyper-link more early. I guess he also looked to the other models as well by the "general" Fritz!box website to consider these other models?

At least more than enough choices for everybody's need and interest by this brand.
Reputatie 8
Badge +9
There also could be a possibility he is already using a VOIP account elsewhere, as he still was very interested by that model Fritz!box anyway as given by the hyper-link more early. I guess he also looked to the other models as well by the "general" Fritz!box website to consider these other models?

At least more than enough choices for everybody's need and interest by this brand.

In that case consider it 'general information'.
It was just a hint...

Reageer