beantwoord

Wifi is very slow and it keeps dropping the signal

• 10 juni 2020
  • 22 reacties
  • 343 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1
  • Starter
  • 10 reacties

Wifi at our home is very slow and it keeps dropping too. I have already tried all the steps mentioned in the website to improve wifi speed but no results.
This problem is from Oct 2019 and multiple times we have tried fixing using the steps mentioned but again same results.
Can you please help to fix the problem permanently?

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart - Telfort 6 juli 2020, 09:41

Than it's probably the WiFi module of the modem is defect. A new modem is on it's way. You will receive it within two days. Please let me know how the new modem works. 

Bekijk reactie

22 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Hi @PRK, welcome.

Your WiFi itn't showing himself from the best side I understand. That's too bad. You already tried several things without any succes. You also gave the modem a reset? And are you using WiFi repeaters or anything similar? 

Internet via cable is stable? 

I would also like to measure your line to see it is okay. Could you please fill in your housenumber in your profile. Let me know when you did. 

Reputatie 1

Yes, i did reset the modem. tried all the steps mentioned in the website still it is slow and signals drop. 

I have updated my address in profile for you to check. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

I can't see the reset in the system. Did you push the ‘herstel’ button? If that doesn't work please reset the modem with a paperclip in the little reset hole. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Please let me know. 

Reputatie 1

Hi bart, As you said, i tried to reset on Sunday and I feel network is 20% better but not to optimum level. Can you please check 

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

I still don't see the reset. That's weird. Which way did you tried? 

But the WiFi got better, that's good. You also checked the WiFi check? You will find some tips to improve your WiFi. 

Your lines measures perfect. Unfortunately I can't check your WiFi. 

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

I haven't heard from you again. I’ll assume you found a solution. 

Reputatie 1

I have tried everything , nothing seems to work. Wifi speed is very poor in the house and it becomes worst when weather is windy. Do not now how to fix that. Can you please help?

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Press a paperclip or something in the litte resethole until the lights go off and on again. That will reset the modem. I still don't see it. So let's try if it helps. 

Reputatie 1

I did reset the wifi with paperclip . Hopefully you would be able to see it in the system. I will wait couple of days to check how is the performance of wifi and will come back to you.

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Yes, the reset is visible. Hopefully it helps. Let me know.

Reputatie 1

Hi Bart, speed of wifi is very low and not consistent as well. I do not know what else i can do to fix this.

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Than it's probably the WiFi module of the modem is defect. A new modem is on it's way. You will receive it within two days. Please let me know how the new modem works. 

Reputatie 1

Thank you so much Bart for sending the new modem . You have been very helpful .

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

You're welcome. 

Reputatie 1

Bart, I had received new modem last week and after using it for almost a week i can say that the connection is not yet improved. It is little bit better but still very low speed  and connection keeps dropping  in between for few seconds.
What do you suggest for this

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Is it only the WiFi? Or also if you use the internet via a cable? If I check your line, it measures stable.

Could you also tell me how your modem is connected to the main socket? Is that with a round cable with a maximum length of 1,5 meter without a splitter?

Reputatie 1

Hi Bart, 

this is how the internet cable is connected . I cant connect with laptop as I do not have the lan port.

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

I have planned a mechanic to check at your place. I made an appointment for 17 Juli 2020 between 08:00 - 10:00 hours. If that doesn't suit you. Will you please call  0900-9596 to reschedule the appointment. 

Reputatie 1

Thanks Bart. I am okay with the time .

Reputatie 8
Badge +12

Please let me know if he solved the problem. 

Reputatie 1

Bart, he has helped us to move the modem inside the house and connection is improved as well. Thanks for arranging all these .

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Excelent, that is good news @PRK. You're welcome, on behalf of Bart :slight_smile:

If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Reageer