My Internet is working but no wifi!
There is absolutely no wifi signal: the name of the network is not visible or recognizable by any of our home devices (Samsung TV, iphone XR, Galaxy A8 phone, macbook pro, Sony Vaio and Lenovo Thinkpad).
I went thrpough the steps oin the link and found the following:
- connect with network cable: internet works well connected via network cable (the only device I can connect is a 6 year-old Vaio.
- I do not have a wifi amplifier.
- The network name does not appear on the list of available networks in any of my devices (I have an Experia Box V8, that was given with my subsciption in 2016).
- I have checked, unplugged and re-plugged all the cables (power/network) on the modem, and the problem persists.
- I unplugged the modem for several minutes, plugged it again, with no success. TV cable works, internet via network cable works, but no wifi.
- I did a reset with the reset button on the back of the modem, but still no wifi.
- I entered the configuration and changed “Allowed Client Type” to “WEP”. No difference.
- It does not change if I stand 1 meter away from the modem
Last week, the same thing happened and I spent a whole day reseting and chacking cables over and over. Later, the WIFI randomly started working.
Now, it is happenning again and I have no wifi, only internet via network cable, after repeating all the steps. Very frustrating.
Can you help?
Admin: created your own topic for your question
Beste antwoord door Alexandra - Telfort