Hope everyone’s safe and doing well!
I recently bought an TP-Link AC1200 hoping to replace the ExperiaBox V8 that came in with the fiber optic internet subscription and I need some help with setting it up properly.
Here’s what I did:
- unplugged the ExperiaBox from the LAN cable coming from the Fiber router;
- plugged the cable into the WAN port of the TP-Link;
- went through the setup of the TP-Link (dynamic IP, no MAC cloning);
- got a WiFi to the router;
- did not get any traffic going into the TP-Link;
- cloned the Experia MAC & IP addresses into the TP-Link’s settings;
- same result, no internet.
Furthermore, I could not even set up the TP-Link as an access point! Having it plugged into one of the LAN posrts of the Experia, it looked as if the Experia did not even detect there was anything connected to it. I went through a detailed setup of the TP-Link as an access point, following the official manual, still no success.
Later on, I came across this page, listing the necessary setup for Fiber-optics, but I cannot find most of these settings into the TP-Link’s menus. What’s even more odd is that the TP-Link does not even accept the start & end of the DHSP server IP pool (pool Start IP: 192.168.2.1, pool End IP: 192.168.2.252) and gives me an error.
Ideally, I want to use the TP-Link as my main router and not use the Experia at all. If that’s not possible, I’d like to try using it as an access point and not use the Experia’s WiFi functionality.
If anyone can give me a helping hand in setting up the TP-Link, I’d appreciate it immensely!
I’ve had problems with the Experia for 3 years and I’m not going to go through that in detail. I just want to stop using it.
Thank you in advance & looking forward to hearing back!