beantwoord

IKEA Tradfri can't connect

• 6 februari 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 253 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hey guys, I'm visiting a friend here in Ams and trying to make  the same setup she liked at my place. Aaand, I'm also stuck behind an Experia Box 8 and unable to connect the Ikea Tradfri. 

Bart, any chance you can share the experiment you made? Or how can one get or purchase the kind of router that Kim tested? 

Thanks in advance, 

kind regards, Alex. 

Admin: eigen topic aangemaakt voor vraag

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart - Telfort 12 februari 2020, 09:29

Now I get it. And yes, in the other thread  the Ikea hub didn't connect well to the modem. So I have sent you a new one. Within a few days you will receive it. Please let me know if the hub works. 

Bekijk reactie

6 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi Alex,  welcome. 

I gave your question an onw topic. I understand your helping a friend connecting the IKEA speakers. The speakers won't connect to the WiFi? Not at all? I think the V8 is the problem, I don't know why? But they don't want to give eachother a handshake. I can sent your friend another modem. Can you please update your Forumprofile with her/his postal code + housenumber, the name on the contract and date of birth? Will you let me know when you did so I can take action?

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

I haven't got any reaction from you. So I guess you got the problem solved. If not, i'd like to hear from you. 

Reputatie 1

Hi Bart,

I was also checking the previous thread when I noticed the message disappeared. I had not seen this new thread. 

Thank you very much for your prompt response. 

So, in the mean time I've updated the account details, placed the entire address in the extra info field. 

What I'm trying to connect is an Ikea Tradfri hub. The speakers connect quite well actually, they are not from Ikea but from Google. I noticed that the old Google home mini has trouble with the connection, buffering quite a lot. But the new nest minis do a good job, probably with a bigger buffer zise. 

Now I'm trying to connect the lights through an Ikea Hub, when I noticed the previous thread. I've also trying exchanging the hub, that did not solve the issue. 

One thing I noticed at home is that the Tradfri has a very short time out response and then it does not retry to connect unless it's power reset. 

Once again, many thanks for such a prompt response. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Alex

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Now I get it. And yes, in the other thread  the Ikea hub didn't connect well to the modem. So I have sent you a new one. Within a few days you will receive it. Please let me know if the hub works. 

Reputatie 1

Hey Bart, I've said it before here, but I feel I need to say it again. You've been of awesome help, thanks so much for your input and your speedy replies and help. 

The Ikea Tradfri hub was really easy to setup with the Experia Box 10 you sent over. Everything is working like a charm. 

Many thanks for your help,

Have a great weekend, Alex

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Thank you very much. Nice to hear everything works fine now. 

If you still get any other questions, please let us know. :)

Reageer