beantwoord

Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Replacement

• 21 november 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 420 keer bekeken

I am a heavy phone user. I use my S7E mainly for work and charge it during the day and over night.
Over the past month or two, though, I realised that the battery drain has been insanely fast. Like over the course of 8 hours the phone is on 5%. I did some tests and checked the FG files and found that my current battery capacity is 2752 and the charging cycle is 131.

I am still on contract for another 7 months. Any way to convince telstra to get a free battery replacement under warranty?

(For those who don't know how I figured out my battery capacity, go below)

Go to root in a file explorer of your choice
Go to Sys -> class -> power supply -> battery
Go to fg_fullcapnom & Fg_cycle text files
Open with text viewer

Fg_ fullcapnom multiplied by 2. That Is your current battery capacity in mAh.
Fg_cycle – to see the charging cycle.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2663626
icon

Beste antwoord door Wieger DB 23 november 2017, 12:15

Hello Williamhawk, welcome to the Telfort forum. I understand that your current battery of your Samsung S7E isn't performing well. I'm really sorry to hear that. Warranty for you battery is up to six months after the purchase of your phone, when the battery is removable from the telephone. In the case of a Samsung Galaxy S7E the battery is fixed, so it's still under warranty. Looking at the decay of the battery capacity is depinding on several variables. The amount of charging cycles, the temparature at which your battery is stored or used and the intensity of the use. Since you say you're a heavy phone user this degradation can be seen as normal. I can't predict on forehand if the battery will be replaced under the warranty. Given your heavy phone usage I can understand that sending your phone to repair just to check if the battery can be replaced isn't ideal. I'm sorry that I cannot provide you with a definitive answer.
Bekijk reactie

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +7
Hello Williamhawk, welcome to the Telfort forum. I understand that your current battery of your Samsung S7E isn't performing well. I'm really sorry to hear that. Warranty for you battery is up to six months after the purchase of your phone, when the battery is removable from the telephone. In the case of a Samsung Galaxy S7E the battery is fixed, so it's still under warranty. Looking at the decay of the battery capacity is depinding on several variables. The amount of charging cycles, the temparature at which your battery is stored or used and the intensity of the use. Since you say you're a heavy phone user this degradation can be seen as normal. I can't predict on forehand if the battery will be replaced under the warranty. Given your heavy phone usage I can understand that sending your phone to repair just to check if the battery can be replaced isn't ideal. I'm sorry that I cannot provide you with a definitive answer.

Reageer