Moto G2 - slow data connectivity after marshmallow update

• 14 april 2016
  • 2 reacties
  • 139 keer bekeken

After my Moto G (2nd generation) updated to Android 6 my mobile data connection slowed - instead of showing 3G or H symbol it now only shows an E symbol. It is very slow in loading pages etc via data connection.

I have tried doing a network reset, taken the SIM card out and placed it back in, turned airplane mode on and off, and lastly done a full phone reset - but all without success.

Any ideas on what to try next - can't seem to find any other posts on this forum or the motorola forums that help.

2 reacties

Reputatie 1
Badge +1
Hi Jak07 and welcome on our forum. Too bad that your internet is slow after the update. The problem with the type of network: "E (Edge)" is just a little bit faster than "2G". Did you check the settings in the networkmodus? This has to be WCDMA/GSM. Can you check the simcard in another phone to check if the simvard is working properly? Keep us posted!
Hi Jak07 and welcome on our forum. Too bad that your internet is slow after the update. The problem with the type of network: "E (Edge)" is just a little bit faster than "2G". Did you check the settings in the networkmodus? This has to be WCDMA/GSM. Can you check the simcard in another phone to check if the simvard is working properly? Keep us posted!

Thanks - as far as I can see the network is set to 3G preferred - when I tried the SIM card in another phone it connected with the 3G and H symbols appearing - so seemed to work okay. So must be something to do with the phone. The only change was the Android 6 update.

Reageer