beantwoord

Zyxel Lan port and web interface dose not work !

• 24 september 2015
  • 19 reacties
  • 1248 keer bekeken

Hi

I just moved to a new apartment at Osdorperban and I have a Zyxel P-2602HW-D1A Adsl modem here. Here are the problems:

1- My Hp Wifi printer can not join the Wifi.

2- I tried a Lan port but even with a laptop I was not able to connect to Lan port of the modem. The lan did not receive the IP from DHCP so I also tried fixed IP. No success. it seems Lan ports are banned.

3- I tried to log in to the modem web interface through 192.168.1.254. I can see the log in page but it does not accept the default password. (1234)
I don't have the Adsl user pass so I cant reset the modem and configure it again.Any suggestions?
icon

Beste antwoord door Michael 24 september 2015, 12:07

Hi saeedsm! Welcome on our forum! The 2602HW device is a pretty old one. I think it's kind of necessary to replace it with a new device. Normally you will receive the new modem within several workdays. Could you give me an update when you received it? I'm looking forward to your reply.
Bekijk reactie

19 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +19
It looks like it's time for a new modem, the Zyxel P-2602HW-D1A is actually absolete... ;)
Telfort webcare can help you with this.

For now you can reset the modem by pressing and holding the resetbutton on the back of the modem, and release when the powerlight starts blinking.
After a succesful reset the username is admin (fixed) and the password is 1234.

There's also the possibility that in your new home there's no ADSL-connection but a (newer) VDSL-connection.
As the Zyxel P-2602HW-D1A is not equipped for VDSL you need an new modem anyway.
Telfort will supply you with a new modem on loan without charge.
But if I reset the modem Shouldn't I also enter the ADSL information like a username and password for ADSL line? The house owner arranged the contract so I don't have them with me. (-:
Reputatie 8
Badge +19
But if I reset the modem Shouldn't I also enter the ADSL information like a username and password for ADSL line? The house owner arranged the contract so I don't have them with me. (-:

Is that necessary with this old modem..?
Thanks,

But if I reset the modem Should not I ook enter the ADSL information like a username and password for ADSL line? The house owner arranged the contract so I do not have them with me. (-:

It looks like it's time for a new modem, the Zyxel P-2602HW-D1A is actually absolete... ;)
Telfort webcare can help you with this.

For now you can reset the modem by pressing and holding the resetbutton on the back of the modem, and release when the powerlight starts blinking.
After a succesful reset the username is admin (fixed) and the password is 1234.

There's also the possibility that in your new home there's no ADSL-connection but a (newer) VDSL-connection.
As the Zyxel P-2602HW-D1A is not equipped for VDSL you need an new modem anyway.
Reputatie 8
Badge +19

But if I reset the modem Should not I ook enter the ADSL information like a username and password for ADSL line? The house owner arranged the contract so I do not have them with me. (-:

Hold on, I will look that up for you...
Reputatie 8
Badge +19
I'm not sure if this modem needs to be configured manually.
In that case resetting wil leave it disabled as long as you don't have the proper username and password.
So do not reset for now.

Do you have an internetconnection..?
umm, Unfortunately I did reset before I see next message. Now DSL and internet lights are green.still I can't' get connected to Lan port but in addition the WiFi is off too !
)-:

I'm not sure if this modem needs to be configured manually.
In that case resetting wil leave it disabled as long as you don't have the proper username and password.
So do not reset for now.

Do you have an internetconnection..?
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi saeedsm! Welcome on our forum! The 2602HW device is a pretty old one. I think it's kind of necessary to replace it with a new device. Normally you will receive the new modem within several workdays. Could you give me an update when you received it? I'm looking forward to your reply.
Hi Michael

1- where & how can I ask for a new one?
2- is there a way to fix the current one just until then? my wife will kill me (-:

Reputatie 8
Badge +19
Can you get into the modem with password 1234 now..?
If so, you can enable wifi in the settings.

If DSL and internet lights are green you should have an internetconnection, in case you're on ADSL.
If you're on VDSL the lights may burn but there will be no connection.
Reputatie 8
Badge +19
And thank you Michael..! 😉
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi saeedsm! You can reset the device without having to fill in the username/password settings. These settings will be pushed automatically when the device is booted. I cannot help you with the HP printer problem; I do not think that the 2602HW supports this (type of) feature. From what I can see from here the LAN port should work fine. If it's not working properly, it is possible that the ports are malfunctioning or not working properly. I already ordered a new modem for you (you are posting from the IP-address of your connection). I will be delivered within several days. So, hold on, I hope your wife will spare you untill you receive the new modem. 🙂
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
And thank you Michael..! ;)
Anytime! 🙂
Wow good service,

Right now I am on my mobile phone. I reset twice. everytime dsl and internet lights are back but lan ports do not work and in addition the Wifi is now turn off after the reset. So i dont have Wifi, I dont have Lan so there is no connection possible to the modem.
Just in case my address in Osdorperban 1035 .
Thanks for your help guys.

Hi saeedsm! You can reset the device without having to fill in the username/password settings. These settings will be pushed automatically when the device is booted. I cannot help you with the HP printer problem; I do not think that the 2602HW supports this (type of) feature. From what I can see from here the LAN port should work fine. If it's not working properly, it is possible that the ports are malfunctioning or not working properly. I already ordered a new modem for you (you are posting from the IP-address of your connection). I will be delivered within several days. So, hold on, I hope your wife will spare you untill you receive the new modem. :)
Reputatie 8
Badge +19
If wifi works you wife won't kill you, I hope..? :8
As I said earlier, you can enable wifi in the userinterface of the modem.
You can login to the modem now that you have resetted the modem..?

Is it possible to try another ethernetcable to get maybe LAN working..?
Yeah if I can run Wifi back I will remain alive (-:
I tried 3 different cables and two different computers.

If wifi works you wife won't kill you, I hope..? :8

Is it possible to try another ethernetcable to get maybe LAN working..?
Reputatie 8
Badge +19
Yeah if I can run Wifi back I will remain alive (-:

Great, you're connected..!

I tried 3 different cables and two different computer]

We can assume that the LAN part of the modem is broken, a new modem is on it's way..!

And... glad to be of help and so is Michael from Telfort, I am sure... 😉
Hi Michael,
I will wait for the new modem, but meanwhile I read in the modem manual that

Using The Reset Button
1 Make sure the POWER LED is on (not blinking).

To turn the wireless LAN off or on, press the RESET button for one second and release
it. The WLAN LED should change from on to off or vice versa. (“W” models only)

But I tried it many times and dose not work. Is there another way to enable the WiFi by reset button? maybe it is different in your firmware?

Hi saeedsm! You can reset the device without having to fill in the username/password settings. These settings will be pushed automatically when the device is booted. I cannot help you with the HP printer problem; I do not think that the 2602HW supports this (type of) feature. From what I can see from here the LAN port should work fine. If it's not working properly, it is possible that the ports are malfunctioning or not working properly. I already ordered a new modem for you (you are posting from the IP-address of your connection). I will be delivered within several days. So, hold on, I hope your wife will spare you untill you receive the new modem. :)
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi saeedsm! Did you try a reset by pressing the sunken reset button for 10 seconds untill the powerlight starts to blink? After the reset, the modem will be set to default modus. WiFi is by default enabled in the modem. If this doesn't work, I'm afraid the modem has passed away (the device is from 2008, maybe it is even manufactured earlier). After all, seven years for a modem is a long time. 🙂

Reageer