beantwoord

Telfort internet - DSL not alive, which are the wires?

• 9 juni 2013
  • 15 reacties
  • 3722 keer bekeken

Hello!

Sorry to post in Englih, since my Dutch is ot up to the mark, please excuse!

I live in Aalsmeer region near Amsterdam, and two weeks back I subscribed to Telfort internet. The modem came a week back and 4 days back I got an e-mail saying that my internet subscription has been activated. 

The modem, however, never showed that DSL is alive (It shows in the modem config page as "VDSL DISCONNECTED". I had the modem connected to the wall socket with the 4 pin connecor which came with the modem. 

For debugging the issue, I opened the box where telephone line terminates at my apartment and directly connected the "RED" and "BLUE" wires to the modem. The DSL wasn't coming up. In the phone cable, I noticed that there's one more pair of lines (White and Orange) . What are these? Is this just another pair of DSL lines that I should give a try? 

Or is there ay other combination of these four wires (RED, BLUE, WHITE & ORANGE) which should be used? Please throw some light.

Thanks in advance!
R.
icon

Beste antwoord door ratheeshvenu 13 juni 2013, 19:40

Team Telfort, Henk,

Thanks for fixing my internet connection! Today the technician came to my apartment just to say that the he has rectified the problem already - the wires from my apartment wasn't properly connected to the junction box outside.

Dank u wel !!!

One question - I have the Internet standard plan. Where can I get details about this plan, like what is the data limit (if any) and is there an FUP or not? 
Bekijk reactie

Op dit topic kun je niet reageren. Wil je iets toevoegen, start dan een nieuw topic.

15 reacties

Badge +1
There are two paires so your correct.
Red - blue and oranje - white.
You can try oranje - white or white - oranje if you want to (it dosn't make a differance).
There are two paires so your correct.
Red - blue and oranje - white.
You can try oranje - white or white - oranje if you want to (it dosn't make a differance).

Thank you dorus. Right now I have connected Orange and White to the modem. It has been 7 minutes and it still it says VDSL: DISCONNECTED. The status of both pairs of lines in the modem status shows "SILENT". 

I think all those wires are dead. Probably I need to talk to custmer care.

BTW, there's no "DSL" light in my modem, instead, it has Broadband, Internet, Voice and so on. However, thereare only two lights which are ON - Power and Wireless.

The modem is Xperia Box V8.
Badge +1
I don't know where you have your wall socket?
Is it also your isra point (cable enters your house)?
Ohterwise it could be wise to look it up (mostly meter cupboard).

If without any result, giving them a call is the easiest way.
Reputatie 8
Badge +16
My experience with this box is that it can take about 10 to 15 minutes before a connection is established.
So reconnect Red/Blue or Orange/White, restart the box and sit and wait.
My experience with this box is that it can take about 10 to 15 minutes before a connection is established.
So reconnect Red/Blue or Orange/White, restart the box and sit and wait.

Thanks. I actually tried both the combinations for at least 30 minutes. The red blue pair is connected almost all the time now. Still no luck. 

Yes, I tried from the isra point.

I want to check whether the lines are dead or not. Is checking with a voltmeter (measuring DC, less than 50 volts) makes any sense?

Also, I had  changed the modem's config page login password, as first thing when I received the modem. Initially it was set to 1234 or something. Can this create any issue at all?
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
ratheeshvenu,

I would like to see what seems to be the problem. I would like to receive your postalcode, housenumber and your mobile phonenumber in a private message.

Henk
Today evening I called the customer care and talked about the problem. As per the directions given, I again connected the modem directly into the point of entry of the phone line to my apartment. First the line1 (red&blue) and then line2 (white&orange) and waited for few minutes. There was no broadband light.

After tyring this, called the customer care again, and I was given an appointment to be called back by the technical department on..... Thursday(!).

By the way, I measured the voltages in these pairs of lines, both read zero volts. (I am not sure if a DSL line is supposed to show some voltage at all. A phone line usually measures some DC voltage though)

I wish it just worked without any of these issues! 
ratheeshvenu,

I would like to see what seems to be the problem. I would like to receive your postalcode, housenumber and your mobile phonenumber in a private message.

Henk

@ratheeshvenu

did you send Henk the info he asked for?
He is the guy to help you!

@ratheeshvenu

did you send Henk the info he asked for?
He is the guy to help you!

Of course nelly, I have already sent my details to him!
Reputatie 8
Badge +16
(I am not sure if a DSL line is supposed to show some voltage at all. A phone line usually measures some DC voltage though)

A DSL line doesn't show any (DC-)voltage, only a high frequency AC-signal.

Have you already send a private message to Telfort Webcare (Henk)? He may be able to speed things up...

[Edit] our messages have crossed... you have contacted him.
A DSL line doesn't show any (DC-)voltage, only a high frequency AC-signal.
Have you already send a private message to Telfort Webcare (Henk)? He may be able to speed things up...

Thanks for clarifying, Franzki.
Yes I have sent my contact details to Henk already.
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
@ratheeshvenu,

I've just opened an incident to send over a technician to come over and check/install your connection. You will be contacted within 2-3 days, the appointment for thursday is hereby cancelled, because I've done the steps they would discuss with you. :)

Henk
Team Telfort, Henk,

Thanks for fixing my internet connection! Today the technician came to my apartment just to say that the he has rectified the problem already - the wires from my apartment wasn't properly connected to the junction box outside.

Dank u wel !!!

One question - I have the Internet standard plan. Where can I get details about this plan, like what is the data limit (if any) and is there an FUP or not? 
Reputatie 8
Badge +19

There's no limit on any Telfort xDSL or Fiber subscription... :D
FUP exists, but only 'in theory'.
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
Team Telfort, Henk,

Dank u wel !!!

Graag gedaan! :)

Like @Enterprise said; there is a Fair Use Policy, but you don't have to worry about that one.

Henk