beantwoord

KPN says I need to move to them for fiber

• 6 december 2019
  • 13 reacties
  • 263 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hi Team,

Recently I moved house from Maastrich to Almere and also moved my Telfort internet with me, I was told by the telfort representative that the new address is suitable to have a max speed but it was not the case after I connected at the new address. I still have a few months before the contract ends but I would like to switch to a provider that can provide better speed(with Fiber). I called up the customer care and the lady transferred me to some department and then another lady went to check on for something and was in hold for about 40 minutes. Please help and le me know what is possible. Either Telfort can provide a good speed or I am bound to switch to other provider

Thanks,

Saurabh

Admin: changed subject to cover the subject

icon

Beste antwoord door Jasper - Telfort 9 december 2019, 13:08

Hi @Saurabh, welcome to our forum. I see Babylonia gave you an answer already. What he said is the case, if KPN can deliver a fiber connection, we should be able to do the same thing. Right now the move order is not completed yet, do you have a working DSL connection on your new address? I've read the logs from the conversations you've had with my colleagues, the call you had earlier today confirmed the possibility of fiber. As soon as the move order is completed, a change to fiber can be initiated. That will be the same Telfort subscription, that doesn't change to KPN with this.

Did they say how this will proceed? Will they call you after the move is completed? Or wasn't this specified?

Bekijk reactie

13 reacties

Reputatie 1

I want to move to KPN since they can provide Fiber on my address.

Reputatie 8

Strange that KPN can provide you with Fiber connection and Telfort couldn't??

“Telfort” is own by KPN. The network what is used for Telfort, is exactly the same as for KPN.
Same routers, same TV-boxes. Just some difference as for some used network settings.

So switching to KPN doesn't bring you in a better position. Even I think that “keeping” the old subscription as by Telfort is more cheap than “the same” for going over to “KPN subscription”.

Reputatie 1

Exactly. That is what I thought. But the service representative from KPN said that they are 2 different company. Also he told me that I can move my connection to fiber if I move to KPN because telfort hasn't moved yet to fiber.

Also on the other side the telfort guys said I cannot move to KPN since there are still a few month before my telfort contract is  over.  But when I asked to give the same connection speed as promised then they put me on hold for over a 40 min and then l hung up.

Reputatie 8

It is strange in the first place, that when you moved to a new house from Maastricht to Almere, Telfort didn't connect you to fibre already. They had to check and choose the best connection possibility that is available, and connect to that infrastructure.

Wait till Monday morning Telfort webcare is to their place, and can provide you with a better answer.
And how to arrange a fibre connection.

Fill in already your new address post zipcode + number --- account number --- telephone number
by the hidden fields in you forum profile info. (The hidden fields, only you and Telfort can see).
Than Telfort can check your subscription.

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi @Saurabh, welcome to our forum. I see Babylonia gave you an answer already. What he said is the case, if KPN can deliver a fiber connection, we should be able to do the same thing. Right now the move order is not completed yet, do you have a working DSL connection on your new address? I've read the logs from the conversations you've had with my colleagues, the call you had earlier today confirmed the possibility of fiber. As soon as the move order is completed, a change to fiber can be initiated. That will be the same Telfort subscription, that doesn't change to KPN with this.

Did they say how this will proceed? Will they call you after the move is completed? Or wasn't this specified?

Reputatie 1

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your response. I had a call with Telfort yesterday and they confirmed the move will happen today or latest tomorrow and after that the change can happen to fibre and I was asked to call Telfort to confirm if the move happened which I will today. After that a new appointment will be scheduled for an Engineer to visit my place and install the box, etc.

I have a working DLS which is very very slow. I am happy to retain the Telfort subscription but wanted to move because that was told to me by KPN and also Telfort said that we do not have Fibre there and also I cannot move to KPN since I still have a running contract. So confusion from both the places but these 2 confusions aligned with each other perfectly. :-)

Thanks again,

Saurabh.

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

I agree, that made it all pretty confusing. While (in hindsight) it was very simple :slight_smile: Is see you've had contact again today and the change to fiber has started. An engineer has also been requested, so things are moving in the right direction now. Has the engineer been planned already too?

Reputatie 1

Hi Jasper,

Indeed they did make an appointment last week for today (18th Dec) and I was told that the person will call me before coming to my house. I did not get a call till now and when I called up Telfort they told me that they are not aware of any appointment and I need to wait. I had to explain the whole issue and the reason the person was supposed to make the visit for. But in the end the person on the phone told me that they cannot help any further and the only option I have is to wait till 6pm today for the call and if I dont get a call then something might be wrong and Telfort will see what can be done. I did not get any ETA whatsoever. I was also told that Telfort cannot see who is supposed to make a visit and they cannot also call or confirm with anybody that any person is actually visiting today or ever. Now I am not sure where this is going. It shouldn't be this difficult. I was a happy customer till now but now I looking at my options.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Reputatie 8

A mechanic /  network engineer coming to your house is not from Telfort itself.
So they have no inside information of the appointments itself.

Reputatie 1

Yes maybe. But that doesn’t look like a problem I should do or can do something about. All this internal logistics should’ve been handled by Telfort properly. Something is not right with Telfort nowadays. This is evening and still no contact by Telfort. @Jasper - Telfort please suggest. I think I’ve waited long enough.

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi @Saurabh, I had a day off yesterday but I'm back now. I see you've had contact with my colleagues yesterday and they planned an engineer for today. This engineer will complete the installation of the fiber connection point, after which the rest of the installation can be finished. According to the report, he has finished this already and the connection is now up and running. Does it all work for you now?

Reputatie 1

Hi Jasper,

Yes, Indeed the the setup was finished today. I called up again yesterday evening and a new appointment was made for. Today the engineer finished the setup pretty fast. I have a good connection now.

Thanks a lot :-)

.. Saurabh

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

You're welcome, I'm glad everything works fine now! After the engineer was planned everything went fairly quick :slight_smile:

If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Reageer