beantwoord

Internet is not working since 25th July

• 29 juli 2019
  • 8 reacties
  • 156 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1
Dear Team,

Since late Thursday, internet is not working in Eindhoven. And Service Desk is unable to give an ETA on when the issue will be resolved! This is causing major issues, as during summer, most of us work from home and our work is completely blocked!

With you being a big player, redundancy should be built in by default in the systems that provision the internet. Its pretty surprising that the central Data Center issues are taking so long to be resolved!

So, concretely 2 questions here:-
a. When will the internet connection be available again?
b. How will the consumers impacted be compensated (as atleast I had to book days off for my work because of issues here).

regards,
Ankush
icon

Beste antwoord door ankush.eindhoven 31 juli 2019, 16:30

@Jasper - Telfort , the technician did come by today and resolved the issue. The issue was still at the data (distribution?) center where some parts of the system were still overheated. The technician did go there, cooled down the system and the network is now back up.
Bekijk reactie

8 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @ankush.eindhoven, I understand it is a difficult situation when the connection doesn't work and you want to work from home. The disruption to the services was caused by the weather, everything was overheating. This issue is solved now, this morning the heating problems were fixed. The cooler weather helped and they added extra cooling too.
Your connection still isn't back up though, so there might be something else at play. When you look at your Experia Box V10a, which indicators are on? I'm also curious which indicators are active on the NT (the fiber connector).
After the connection has been restored we can look at a compensation, this will be for the days you couldn't use our services. Days off from work can't be compensated.
Reputatie 1
Dear Jasper,

Thanks for the response.

What I see on Experia Box is the red light on the front.
But I think the problem is with the OpticalFiber connector box where I see the optical fiber light is not glowing at all. So, there are 3 lights on that box. The power light (at the very bottom) and lan connection light (at the top) are glowing but the second light is not glowing.

I have tried to disconnect that box from the power, wait for a minute and connect again, but that doesnt work either.

Does this provide you the information that you can work with?

regards,
Ankush
Reputatie 1
Forgot tagging @Jasper - Telfort
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
The middle indicator means the fiber connector translates the light on the fiber to a signal the Experia Box understands. When you restart the Experia Box, does this indicator activate briefly or not? If it does, the next step is to replace the cable between the fiber connector and the Experia Box. If that doesn't work, we'll continue to look into it.
Reputatie 1
@Jasper - Telfort , when i restart the experia box, the light doesnt blink at all! Moreover, on the customer support number, they have mentioned that the technician will call me for an appointment. And again, as with the reat of experience, no commitments on when he will call. Is this something u can help me with? In making an urgent appointment for me?

thanks in advance!
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @ankush.eindhoven, I see you've called the customer support again today and in this conversation a new appointment was made with an technician. The appointment is tomorrow afternoon, after that we'll know more. Will you share the result with us here?
Reputatie 1
@Jasper - Telfort , the technician did come by today and resolved the issue. The issue was still at the data (distribution?) center where some parts of the system were still overheated. The technician did go there, cooled down the system and the network is now back up.
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @ankush.eindhoven, I'm happy to hear the issue has been fixed. Even though the overheating problems were supposed to be solved the heat wasn't gone completely. I hope the weather stays cooler now, so the overheating can't happen again!
If there is anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Reageer