beantwoord

Internet disconnects more than 10 times a day

• 28 augustus 2019
  • 22 reacties
  • 374 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1
Dear sir/madam,
My internet disconnected quite often, more then 10 times per day.
It was ok but since I moved to a new address this happen quite often. Some time it disconnected every 10-15 mins and sometimes every few hours.
Does telfort internet works like this in this area?
Regards,
Astone

Admin: edited title.
icon

Beste antwoord door Natasja - Telfort 27 september 2019, 09:09

Hi @scycau. Thank you for your reply. Sounds like the 'Power' light turns red as soon as you install your modem, which usually means there's a problem with the modem. Therefore, I've sent you a new modem, which you'll receive within 3 business days. Please send me an update on your connection when you've received the new modem.
Bekijk reactie

22 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Welcome to our forum here. That must be quite frustrating. Looking at your connection, I don't see any interruptions for the past 12 days. Which LEDs are switched on on your modem during a connection drop? Any noticeable difference in colour of light or frequency of blinking? Could you please check if the issue (also) occurs when using a wired connection? This way we know whether we should focus on improving your Wi-Fi connection or the ethernet connection.
Reputatie 1
Hello Natasja,
Thank you very much for your reply.
It is not always happened and not all the time have the problem. Once it happened, my computer or phone loose wifi, and it will reconnected wifi itself in around 10 seconds. I either disconnect the wifi and reconnected it manually or I wait my computer or my phone to connected it automatically. I don't I could have enough time to go to the model and check the LEDs, because normally when I walk to the model it reconnected and work well already.
It happend one time around 17:00 today (30-08) and I tried with ethernet and so far it works well but the wifi also works well at the same time.
I don't know when it will happen next time but normally after some hours my computer or my phone need to reconnected the wifi once.
Regards,
Astone
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Thank you for your reply. As I understand it the connection drops on your phone and computer. Are there any other devices connected to Wi-Fi? Could you check if anything might be causing interference?

Next, it’s important to be aware that other Wi-Fi networks could also be causing interference. If you have an Android smart phone available, you could use the WiFi-analyzer app to check the traffic on your current Wi-Fi channel, as well as check which channel would provide the optimal connection. In the app you can tap the eye icon and choose ‘Kanaalbeoordeling’ to see which is the best channel. The steps to change your Wi-Fi channel, can be found here. Please let me know if these steps have resolved the issue.
Reputatie 1
Hello Natasja, the model is just next to me and less then 3 meters. There two computers, two ipad, two phones connected to WiFi. If the connection disconnected, they all disconnected at the same time. But quite short, less then half a minute.

I changed the channels, reset the model, restart the model. It works well after I reset or restart but after few hours it still happened.
Like last night (01-09) around 23.00, and this morning (02-09) around 11:00 and 12:30.

Everything I tried can make it works for a while, but after few hours, this disconnected thing happens again.

Could this be the problem of physical connection outside the house or physical connection inside the house or the model itself?

Regards,
Astone
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Sorry to hear changing the Wi-Fi channel hasn't improved the Wi-Fi signal. Nothing has changed since the last time I checked the stability and speed of your connection. The connection is still stable and the current download speed is 85 Mb/s, so you should not experience any connection drops when connecting your computer to your modem using a cable.

It’s important to understand that various factors may play a role in the Wi-Fi performance, such as walls, ceilings, foil-backed insulation foam and electronic devices. When multiple devices attempt to use the same radio space, overcrowding occurs. It's normally quite difficult to determine which of these factors are installed in your home, and which are causing issues. Can you check whether the connection is stable if only one device is connected to Wi-Fi?

You might want to consider purchasing a Wi-Fi repeater. Our Wi-Fi repeaters use both the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz band. The 5.0GHz band tends to have less overcrowding than the 2.4GHz band because fewer devices use it and because it has 23 channels for devices to use, while the 2.4GHz band has only 11 channels.
Reputatie 1
  1. Could you check the speed every 10 seconds? So that you can catch the moment when the internet is disconnect. When there is internet, I check the connection and check the speed and everything is OK. So, you could check speed when there is no internet or when the connection drops.
  2. I tried the computer with cable the whole weekends. When the wifi dropped down, the cable internet dropped at the same time. And the LED on model are flashing and it looks like restart.
  3. Devices are just next to the model, in 3 meters. so no walls, no ceilings, no foil-backed insulation, The connectiong is not stable when there is only one device.
  4. No, I don't think I should have a WiFi repeater in a 3 meter distance.
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
I'm unable to check the speed of your connection every 10 seconds, @scycau. As I understand it, the computer that is connected to your modem with an ethernet cable also loses the connection to internet every now and then. I don't see any connection drops on our end, but I noticed you haven't performed a factory reset yet. I would like to ask you to reset your Experia Box by following these steps:

1. Unplug your computer and other devices connected to your modem;
  2. Take a straightened paperclip or other similar object;
  3. Press down on the reset button until the front 'Power' LED light turns red;
  4. Your modem will start the reset process. This can take up to 10 minutes.
  5. Replug your set top box.
Please let me know if these steps have resolved the issue.
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. I noticed I haven't received a reply from you anymore. I hope this means the issue has been resolved by resetting your modem. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
Reputatie 1
Hello Natasja,
Thank you for help. It still works like that. I think you also could not solve this and maybe maybe most of the facilities are old and it should work like this.
Wish you a nice day.
Regards,
Astone
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. You're welcome. I noticed that you haven't performed a factory reset yet. If you're still experiencing issues with the stability of your connection, I would advise you to reset your modem first. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Reputatie 1
Hello Natasja, I made the modem to the factory reset and I'm using a WiFi repeater too. And the connection is dropped again at around 15:02.
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Thank you for your reply. I've taken a look at your connection and I see the interruption here as well. Since the issue also occurs when you plug your computer into your modem directly, I think a mechanic will need to look at the main connection. Can you give me some moments this week (or next week) a visit is convenient?
Reputatie 1
OK. Except Friday and Wednesday, any other days are fine. And I would suggest the mechanic could also take a new model to try.
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Alright, @scycau. I've planned a mechanic for you on this Saturday between 10 A.M. and 12 P.M. You'll receive a confirmation of the appointment through email. ☺
Reputatie 1
Hello Natasja, @Natasja - Telfort
The mechanic came to repair last saturday and she confirmed that both model and the connection have problems. So, she changed a new model for us and repaired the connection. And she said the connection will be ready in some hours. But untill now, there is no internet when we connected with the new model. I'm still using the old model because at least it can have internet sometimes.
So, I would like ask when will the new connection ready.
Regards,
Astone
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Sorry to hear your connection still hasn't improved. As I understand it, you've received a new modem, but as soon as you plug your new modem into the main connection you don't have internet. Is that correct? Could you please install the new modem and tell me which LEDs are switched on on your modem? Please message me as soon as you've installed the modem, so I can also run a few tests on our end to check what's causing the issue.
Reputatie 1
Hello @Natasja - Telfort ,
Yes, correct. The old model is V9 and it is still working. The new model is V10 which is not working.
There is only one led light on the new model, and the color of the light is red when it into the main connection.
I will switch to the new modem between 13:00-14:00 on Thursday 26th. In other time I need internet so I keep using the old modem.
Regards,
Astone
The V9 is a KPN modem, not a Telfort model.
Your old model is a V8, I think.
Reputatie 1
You are right. The old one is V8, new one is V10A
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Thank you for your reply. Sounds like the 'Power' light turns red as soon as you install your modem, which usually means there's a problem with the modem. Therefore, I've sent you a new modem, which you'll receive within 3 business days. Please send me an update on your connection when you've received the new modem.
Reputatie 1
Hello @Natasja - Telfort ,
I received the new modem today and the connection is very good now.
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
Astone
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi @scycau. Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to read the connection is stable now that you've installed the new modem. If you have any further questions, you know where to find me.

Reageer