beantwoord

Internet bandwidth reduced to 50Mbps after moving house

• 18 juli 2019
  • 8 reacties
  • 131 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1
Hi,

I have a 100Mbps/30Mbps Internet+TV subscription with Telfort since April 2019. I just moved to a new address and requested my address change two weeks before the move. Before the move, I also checked multiple times and both Telfort and KPN websites showed 100Mbps is supported at my new address.

My internet works nicely on the first day we moved, except the bandwidth is apparently changed to 50Mbps/10Mbps (confirmed from both speed test and the VDSL management INFO page). Also checked MyTelfort subscription and it now says I have a 50Mbps subscription, which I never requested.

So could you please fix my subscription and my internet speed? Thanks in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door Babylonia 18 juli 2019, 17:50

@rlei
As an adding.
BVDSL is a "bonded" connection, using two telephone lines. By that a doubled speed. If your Telfort account is already more than over one year, you could think over to have a "KPN" subscription. As only KPN is using that bonded possibility. (Telfort "as a brand" of KNP is leaving anyway).
Bekijk reactie

8 reacties

Reputatie 8
By the moving tot another address, maybe by the changing, "base" setting speeds are sett within your account. But as a "100 Mbps" speed is just an extra adding within the existing account, you can set it back to 100 Mbps itself.

Login into your account and go to the next menu's:
"Abonnementen" ----> "Abonnement wijzigen"

and see if you can add the extra speed again.
It could be possible, that shortly after a house moving, this menu can not be set.
If that is the case, webcare support should give some extra help.
Reputatie 1

Login into your account and go to the next menu's:
"Abonnementen" ----> "Abonnement wijzigen"

and see if you can add the extra speed again.
It could be possible, that shortly after a house moving, this menu can not be set.
If that is the case, webcare support should give some extra help.

Thanks for the explanation Babylonia! I've tried to "Abonnement wijzigen" but it says I can't currently make a change:

Het is momenteel niet mogelijk om je pakket te wijzigen.Waarschijnlijk heb je nu het volledige pakket dat Telfort aanbiedt en zit je nog binnen de contractperiode van je huidige abonnement. De contractperiode kun je vinden op het abonnementoverzicht.

I guess I do need some webcare help here...
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
Hi @rlei, welcome to our Forum.

I see Babylonia is ahead of me. He is right that the extra speeds was taken of your subcription because you moved to a new adress where we can't deliver the extra speed anymore.

So you can't add it anymore. Despite the website showed that 100/10 Mbit/s is possible, it isn't. 😞 73 Mbit/s is the max via BVDSL which Telfort doesn't have. Your getting a VDSL line with a max speed op 37 Mbit/s. Sorry for the inconvienence.
Reputatie 8
@rlei
As an adding.
BVDSL is a "bonded" connection, using two telephone lines. By that a doubled speed. If your Telfort account is already more than over one year, you could think over to have a "KPN" subscription. As only KPN is using that bonded possibility. (Telfort "as a brand" of KNP is leaving anyway).
Reputatie 1
Thank you @Bart - Telfort for the clarification. One more question about the BVDSL part:

So you can't add it anymore. Despite the website showed that 100/10 Mbit/s is possible, it isn't. 😞 73 Mbit/s is the max via BVDSL which Telfort doesn't have. Your getting a VDSL line with a max speed op 37 Mbit/s. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Can KPN provide 73Mbps via BVDSL? I understand Telfort is KPN, but just to be sure 🙂
Reputatie 8
KPN is the only one delivering it.
Be sure your Telfort subscription is at least one year old, so you have no obligations any-more.
Reputatie 1
KPN is the only one delivering it.
Be sure your Telfort subscription is at least one year old, so you have no obligations any-more.

@rlei

As an adding.

Thank you very much @Babylonia for the insights! I just switched to Telfort from KPN in April. Guess I'll have to wait till next year.
Reputatie 8
Badge +11
I see your question is already been answered. Unfortunately you still have to wait till april next year.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Reageer