Continuous breaks in DSL external line - whose responsibility

• 27 november 2015
  • 14 reacties
  • 644 keer bekeken

Badge
I live on a farm in Soest and I am having constant breaks in my DSL line.
KPN have been only once to repair it but it continues.
Telfort tell me that KPN have scheduled to replace the cables but no date.
I have been living here 25 years. Who is taking the responsibility for such poor service.
My provider was wish.nl > tiscali.nl > telfort.nl all professing to improve by better modems but the DSL line has only degraded.

Please react.....

14 reacties

Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim. Welcome on our forum. How unfortunate that the connection is not working properly. I measured the connection and I can see that there seem to be issues with your connection point. Is it possible to make photo of the connection point (the wallsocket where the modem is attached to, could be located in the 'meter cupboard') and share this with me? Looking forward to your reply.
Badge
4 wire connection at wall junction going to DSL converter block.

Please send your reaction to jimroberts@tiscali.nl
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim. Thanks for the attached photo. The connection itself works on the blue and red wires. I'm not sure what the functions of the other two wires are. What do you mean exactly by 'DSL converter block'? What is it converting and why are you using this? In my opinion the DSL cable should be directly connected with the socket on the picture. I don't think there is something else needed in order to let the connection work properly. We're not able to send an e-mail about this problem. I only can reply to your reaction in this topic, I'm sorry. Looking forward to your reaction.
Badge
This connection box is just to connect the DSL cable [which has connectors on both ends] to loose wire connection of the wall socket.
Only the red and blue [1A and 1B] are connected thro to the DSL cable. There is spare earth and white and orange [2A and 2B] coming from the KPN wall socket that are not connected.
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim. Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you can do about this. I will ask my colleagues from the servicedesk to take care of this problem. I assume they will contact KPN to let them repair the connection. I think that they will find an explanation for your constantly breaking DSL connection. In order to let the serivcedesk contact you, please provide me your cellphone number in a private message. After receiving this I will arrange it all for you. 🙂
Badge
KPN have not been to the house in previous occasions. They have always said they had found something in the exchange but not what. :?
I hope you can convince them to checkout the connection in the house this time.
The last representative from Telfort helpdesk also told me that KPN had advised that the cables to the house are down for replacement but no date given.:(
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim. Thanks for the sent data. I will ask my colleagues from the service desk to contact you to arrange this all. I think KPN will pick this up and call you up to make an appointment to come on your location, I'm not sure about this though. Could you provide me a reaction when you know more about this? Thanks in advance.
Badge
11th day. So far no response from KPN - waiting.
Speed test Latency 27 ms
Download 1.5 MBit/s
Upload 0.5 MBit/s
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim. My colleagues tried to reach you, but didn't catch you. Could you provide me a date and time so my colleagues can try it again? Thanks!
Badge
Hi Jim. My colleagues tried to reach you, but didn't catch you. Could you provide me a date and time so my colleagues can try it again? Thanks!

I have no missed calls on my mobile or home phone.
Do they wish to come to my home? Have they tried to make an appointment?
Reputatie 8
Badge +16

No they want to sent you out......:P

Of course they want to make an appointment with you to decided if a home visit is needed.
Badge

No they want to sent you out......:P

Of course they want to make an appointment with you to decided if a home visit is needed.

They can reach me at home Weds/Thurs 14:00-18:00
Reputatie 8
Badge +2
Hi Jim! Thanks! I will send this information to the service department. They will try to contact you again.
Badge
I have moved house, within Soest, because of other circumstances.

I now have a new contract ALLES in 1 and glas vezel at a new adress 3764zj 73.
I have paid for 100MB/s but only get on average 25MB/s.

But I am getting occasional dropout of telephone and Internet as low as 1MB/s

What can now be done????

Reageer