beantwoord

Broadband doesn't work via LAN cable

• 24 oktober 2019
  • 7 reacties
  • 182 keer bekeken

Alright buckle up folks since this is the last time I am trying to fix the internet issues I have before I cancel my contract with you.

Your customer service tells me there is nothing to do about our poorly rural ugandan lvl of a wifi connection we pay for 50 mbits receive like 6 tops I wont even go into upload numbers here.

Now I thought I’d be clever and use the broadband connection, customer service tells me its plug and play turns out its only plug. Internet via a LAN connection is not working.

Cable is connected to laptop (win10) and router experia box v8 I tried all options for the ports.

customer service tells me that they cannot do anything except telling me to search the forum and “hope someone else had a similar issue and had it resolved” (literally their words)

Does anyone here had that problem or is actually able to give me decent advice on how to properly set up an internet connection via cable?

thank you very much in advance,

yours sincerly a damn pissed off customer.

icon

Beste antwoord door yorickhaertkorn 27 oktober 2019, 18:47

Hi jasper and rs2000,

is the network card in your laptop enabled?  -  yes but for ip address it shows me ‘not available’ ?

Do they show any activity when you have the cable plugged in?  - no, no activity I am starting to think something is wrong with the cable

thanks for the help guys

Bekijk reactie

7 reacties

Reputatie 8

No problem here.
One side of the cable into a ethernet port (yellow color) of Experia Box, other side into laptop.

In case the laptop do not have an ethernet port, use a USB to ethernet adapter.

exactly what I’ve done.

does not work

Reputatie 3
Badge

Is the netword card enabled?

If not, enable it.

If yes, maybe the networkcard is set on a fixed ip?

You should set it to DHCP, then it will get an ip-address from the Experia box.

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi@yorickhaertkorn, welcome to our forum. The contracts we have, are up to a certain speed. In your case that is up to 50 Mbit/s. If the connection to your home can't handle that, the maximum it can handle is the speed you'll get. It's possible the WiFi connection plays a part in this too, we have some tips and steps to improve WiFi on this page (in Dutch).

The LAN-ports on the Experia Box don't have an on/off option, so it surprises me it doesn't work when you plug in the cable. I'm wondering the same thing as RS2000 is, is the network card in your laptop enabled? The ports on the Experia Box and the one on the laptop have two small indicator lights. Do they show any activity when you have the cable plugged in?

Hi jasper and rs2000,

is the network card in your laptop enabled?  -  yes but for ip address it shows me ‘not available’ ?

Do they show any activity when you have the cable plugged in?  - no, no activity I am starting to think something is wrong with the cable

thanks for the help guys

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi @yorickhaertkorn, if the network card is enabled but the incicator lights show no signs of activity, my first thoughts go to the cable too. Can you try another UTP cable to see if that makes a difference?

Reputatie 8
Badge +11

Hi @yorickhaertkorn, have you been able to test another cable, to see how that goes?

Reageer