Internet (or Net+TV) tier rising - questions and thoughts

Reputatie 1
Hello Telfort community.

To make sure that I will express my doubts and question, I will continue in English.
There are few questions I have and wil be glad if you could answer to all of them.
I'm Telfort's customer for more than 7 years. In this entire period of time I did not have any huge complains about your service.

Without log-in to "My Telfort" I checked my address for all tiers I can choose between.
It looks like I have three options:
- 50/5
- 100/100
- 200/200
However, after log-in to my account I found that the highest possible tier to upgrade is 50/5Mb/s.
Where does this difference come from? Why I'm limited to the lowest tier instead of having a choice like new customers?
Am I right that I would have to close my current contract and then apply for a new one (100/100) I consider now or are they any limitations in your "terms and policy" and there is some cool-down time between a closing date of old contract and asking for new one?

2. As I mentioned above, I am with Telfort for more than 7 years and checked if you offer any discounts for current customers. There is none.
Let me use the lowest Internet-TV Combi deal where you offer first 3 months for newcomers with 29 euro and then 42,50 euro.
For those who are already with you, you offer no discount on this tier which I found it disappointing and what more important, very disrespectful for the loyalty you got from long-term customers.
If I'm wrong and I missed something, please correct me but so far I did not find any in "My Telfort".

Regards
Zanzibar

15 reacties

Reputatie 8
Zanzibar schreef:

If I'm wrong and I missed something, please correct me but so far I did not find any in "My Telfort".

What you missed, is to make a personal telephone call and ask for a new deal and negotiate for a discount. As it is a personal matter, of how many years you are a customer or not, etc. Customer care shall take it into account and give you a good offer.
Reputatie 7
Badge +13
Hi Zanzibar, welcome to the Telfort forum. I understand you have question about the options for renewing your contract and getting a higher connection speed. I would like to start with the connection speed. When you look at your Mijn Telfort options it's true you can select the Internet Glasvezel package for 50/5 as main choice. You can add an additional bundle for higher speeds like 200/200Mbit. Did you see the addiotional bundles while changing the type of subscription?

For a good offer to renew your contract, I would recommend you to fill in your number here. One of my colleagues will call you back and will give you a personal offer. Unfortunately I can't give you an offer via the forum. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
Reputatie 1
Hello and thank you both for the answers.
To be honest I wasn't aware that your company offer personal offers for long term customers.

In regards to Wieger's question.
Like I described it in my initial post, when I checked the possibilities to change my contract, the only choice I have between are:
- Internet 50/5
- Internet + TV 50/5
There in no option to choose higher speeds or extra TV packages. The only one I can add is Telfort's security package I'm completely not interested in.
They are however available without checking my "My Telfort" acoount, which I found quiet odd and that was one of the reasons of my concerns.

Thank you for providing a link, I will indeed fill my number and wait for a call.
Best Regards
Zanzibar
Reputatie 8
What if you click to "Meer informatie" under the glass fibre section?

100/100 and 200/200 Mbps are "sub" packages of the glass fibre.
You can change per month back and forth.
Reputatie 1
"Meer informatie" for both upgrades is already expanded. There is nothing more.
Reputatie 8
OK.
The option 100/100 and 200/200 Mbps are "sub" packages of the glass fibre.
Only can set, if the base account is actief anyway. Maybe that is why it can not be choosen at forehand.
Reputatie 7
Badge +13
Hi Zanzibar, with the current subscriptions the higher speeds are seen as extra's. When you go to 'Extra's wijzigen' you can see the options for 100/100Mbit or 200/200Mbit.
Reputatie 1
Hi Wieger,
No, they are not there available there. As I said earlier, the only extra package there is the one for security for 5 euro.
Reputatie 7
Badge +13
That shouldn't be the case. I'm going to ask my colleagues of the Mijn Telfort site to look into this situation. Those extra's should be displayed. I can assure you the 100Mbit and 200Mbit options are available on your address when you choose a fiber connection. If you want to change the subscription and want a personal offer I recommend you to https://nl-telfort.netmng.com/callcenter.php]let my colleagues call you.

I will get back to you about the extra's on the Mijn Telfort site.
Reputatie 8
I guess he doesn't have a fibre glass connection yet, so he can not choose the extra speed belonging to a fiberglass connection within "Mijn telfort" yet??
Reputatie 7
Badge +13
That shouldn't be the case. From an order point of view, when changing to the new subscription the additional bundles and options can be displayed. Since it's the contract with it's options you're changing to. I didn't get a reaction from my colleagues yet, but I will get back to both of you. 🙂
Reputatie 1
Apologize for late answer but I had quite busy week.
@Babylonia, that would make no sense in my opinion.

@Wieger, I did contact your colleague and received quiet nice offer so within few days I get 100/100 tier and it's possible that i will upgrade it with TV package soon. That's why you talk to another very satisfied customer who will stay with Telfort one more year. 🙂

And yes, I am curious why those tiers didn't appear when I was logged in.

I have two last questions I forgot to ask your colleague.
Do I get a new router with this new contract or I will still be using old Experia Box V8 one?
Will I be able to use with this tier a remote access feature? I have a HDD that is working as DAS at this moment but I want to change it NAS function, connected directly to router so I could get access to the files on it from different access points at home or when I'm away.
However, with old tier, I tried it once and your system locked down my network connection and informed me via (I guess automatic) email that it is not allowed to use WebFTP server function since it exceed the bandwidth. It was weird for me because there was no requests sent to this server from my PCs. I just simply didn't have enough time to use it between the moment I turned this function on and moment when my signal was blocked. Anyway, it was not a big issue back then for me so I did not investigate it further. Now however, I would like to use FTP server function for NAS so I could share at home files through it.
Are there any limitations with high bandwidth tiers?
Reputatie 8
Zanzibar schreef:

Will I be able to use with this tier a remote access feature? I have a HDD that is working as DAS at this moment but I want to change it NAS function, connected directly to router so I could get access to the files on it from different access points at home or when I'm away.
However, with old tier, I tried it once and your system locked down my network connection......

The Telfort modem/routers are not suited to do these jobs. Keep in mind the firmware of ISP modem/routers in general is stripped down in many ways. Only suited for the specific task to delever TV, internet, VOIP.

In addition not secure enough to be directly contacted by remote access. To sensitive to be hacked.
If you want to use DAS / NAS functions, better to invest is an extra router that specially is suited for that job, and/or buy a real NAS. (I am using both). Best suited for it (IMO) e.g.:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/RT2600ac
https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/DS918+
Reputatie 7
Badge +13
Glad to hear you've got a great offer and thank you for staying at Telfort. 🙂

I'm still looking for the tiers, haven't had a definitive answer yet.

About your two last questions:
Do I get a new router with this new contract or I will still be using old Experia Box V8 one? - You will keep your Experiabox V8
Will I be able to use with this tier a remote access feature? Are there any limitations with high bandwidth tiers? - I'm not sure if this function is available. We don't offer support on such a setup. Babylonia is an experienced user and can give you advise on such matters.
Reputatie 1
I apologise for such of late answer, been busy the entire time.
Now finally can back to subject of additional router and after checking some models from various brands , my choice is Synology RT1900. It seems that it has everything what I need plus it will work perfectly with one of their NAS I will buy abit later. Product ordered, will arrive tomorrow so the problem with sharing files will be solved.

Babylonia, thank you for your help.

Best Regards
Zanzibar

Reageer